Erin K. Tenner has been representing auto dealers for 30 years in mergers and acquisitions, buy/sells, commercial real estate transfers and leases and related transactions including, but not limited to, corporate and limited liability company formation and dissolution. Ms. Tenner sits on the Advisory Board of Community West Bank and is a member of the California New Car Dealers' Association, National Association of Dealer Counsel, as well as the California and Los Angeles County Bar Associations. Ms. Tenner has been published on the subject of buying and selling businesses in the California Lawyer Magazine, Los Angeles Daily Journal, the Defender (a publication of the National Association of Dealer Counsel) and is a frequent contributor to the Automotive Buy Sell Report. She also publishes the Newsletter California Auto Dealer. Click here to be added to the mailing list. Ms. Tenner is an accomplished speaker and has spoken at conferences for the National Automobile Dealers' Association and National Association of Dealer Counsel. To book her for a speaking engagement click here.
1996-Present Law Offices of Erin K. Tenner - Agoura Hills, California
Principal – Emphasis in representation of automobile dealers in complex business transactions including asset sale and purchases, stock transfers, real property transfers and leases, shareholder/partnership agreements and LLC and corporate formation and maintenance.
1992 - 1996 Henry & Tenner - Santa Monica, California
Partner – Emphasis in representation of automobile dealers in complex business transactions including asset sale and purchases, stock transfers, real property transfers and leases, shareholder/partnership agreements and LLC and corporate formation and maintenance. Experience with complex litigation in employment related disputes including sexual harassment, discrimination, and management level contract disputes.
1985 - 1992 Pilot, Spar & Siegler - Century City, California
Associate - Corporate transactional practice with primary responsibility in representation of automobile dealers in sale or purchase of new vehicle dealerships, shareholder agreements, real property transactions, and corporate formation, maintenance and dissolution.
- 2010 - Present Advisory Council Community West Bank
- 2007 - Present National Association of Dealer Counsel
- 1997 - Present Los Angeles and Ventura County Superior Courts, Court Appointed Mediator
- 1992 – Present Los Angeles County Bar Association
- 1992 – Present California New Car Dealers Association
- 1986 – Present California State Bar Association
- Frequent Contributor to Defender Newsletter, a publication of National Association of Dealer Counsel
- Frequent Contributor to Automotive Buy Sell Newsletter
- Article, Corporate Law: Buying and Selling Businesses, Transaction Traps for the Unwary, California Lawyer, September 1998.
- Article, Selling a Company Requires Long-Term Planning, Los Angeles Daily Journal, January 27, 1997.
- Newsletter, California Auto Dealer, 1996 – Present.
- California Auto Dealer is a registered trademark of the Law Offices of Erin K. Tenner.
- Note, Federal Taxation of Alimony and Property Settlements and the Tax Reform Act of 1984, 62 U. DETROIT LAW REVIEW 677 (1985).
- University of Detroit Law School, Detroit, Michigan: Juris Doctor, May 1985
- University of Detroit Law Review, Associate Editor
- Moot Court Competition, Best Oral Advocate
- American Jurisprudence Award, Torts
- Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
- B.A. Business Administration, June 1982; Emphasis in Accounting
Alexandra Bouchereau was born in Port-au-Prince, Haiti and has lived in California for most of her life, growing up in Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley. She has worked as an accounting assistant for many years working in such fields as insurance, law and business management. She has been at the Law Offices of Erin K. Tenner since 2013. In her free time, Alexandra enjoys traveling and spending time with her husband and daughter.